Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Free journal articles

I was pleasantly surprised to discover ways of getting free access to journal articles. Given my desire to read as much as I can on the topic of autism in order to find a good topic for research, the free reading is saving tons of money.
  • Sage Publications opens up to allow free access every few months. This includes Autism, ADHD, and many, many other journals. To find out about free access, click on "journals" then see the "current free online trials" ad and also register for "email alerts".
  • Journal articles from The Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry - which is at journals.bmj.com/ are available for free 1 year after publicaiton. What I do is print out the free abstract and write a reminder note to get it later.
  • The entire year - 2007 - of Journal of Autism and Develomental Disorders currently has free access. I printed out 20 or so abstracts and papers. This is from SpringerLink Publications.
  • I also get aricles from AOTA for the American Journal of Occupational Therapy, as well. I am a member, so do not need free access ... however, I'm not sure that they provide it!

No comments: